Saturday 19 January 2013

My 48

Cherise Shockley, founder of DSMA and DOC member extraordinaire, suggested members of the DOC complete this little Meme as a fun way to get to know each other better. So here's mine...


1. WERE YOU NAMED AFTER ANYONE?
Nope. I was adopted as a baby and am not named after anyone in either my adoptive or biological family.

2. WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME YOU CRIED?
I cry often. I'm a romantic and the simplest, cheesiest movies/television shows/books make me cry :)

3. DO YOU LIKE YOUR HANDWRITING?
If you can call it handwriting; mine is a full-on hybrid of printing and cursive. Though when at work, I have some pretty awesome whiteboard printing!

4. WHAT IS YOUR FAVOURITE LUNCH MEAT?
I prefer home cooked meat to lunch meat, but occasionally will toss a little black forest ham on a salad.

5. DO YOU HAVE KIDS?
3 kids. Josh, age 16; Dylan, age 12; Olivia, age 9.

6. IF YOU WERE ANOTHER PERSON, WOULD YOU BE FRIENDS WITH YOU?
Definitely - I rock!

7. DO YOU USE SARCASM A LOT?
Not as much as I used to. Was overkill and I'm trying to cut back ;)

8. DO YOU STILL HAVE YOUR TONSILS?
Yes

9. WOULD YOU BUNGEE JUMP?
No. Terrified on high open spaces, so no bungee jumping, skydiving, hangliding. At least for now, maybe one day that will change.

10. WHAT IS YOUR FAVOURITE CEREAL?
I don't eat grains.

11. DO YOU UNTIE YOUR SHOES WHEN YOU TAKE THEM OFF?
Always. The only shoes I own with laces are my runners, and they last longer is taken on and off properly.

12. DO YOU THINK YOU ARE STRONG?
Physically? Yes. And I'm getting stronger every day. Emotionally? I'm getting better. And I can always find strength when I need it most.

13. WHAT IS YOUR FAVOURITE ICE CREAM?
I don't eat dairy, though when I did, I loved peanut butter chocolate ice cream.

14. WHAT IS THE FIRST THING YOU NOTICE ABOUT PEOPLE?
Their smile

15. RED OR PINK?
Pink all the way!

16. WHAT IS THE LEAST FAVOURITE THING ABOUT YOURSELF?
I can be very shy when meeting new people.

17. WHO DO YOU MISS THE MOST?
My grandfather

18. WHAT IS THE TECHNIQUE THAT YOU NEED TO WORK ON THE MOST?
Caring less about what others think. Not really a technique, but oh well...

19. WHAT COLOUR SHOES ARE YOU WEARING?
Rainbow socks, no shoes right now.

20. WHAT WAS THE LAST THING YOU ATE?
Pork loin braised in salsa verde.

21. WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO RIGHT NOW?
My own thoughts.

22. IF YOU WERE A CRAYON, WHAT COLOUR WOULD YOU BE?
Silver - only available in those giant 64 crayon boxes that come with the little sharpener in the side (I love crayons).

23. FAVOURITE SMELLS?
The ocean, coffee

24. HOW IMPORTANT ARE YOUR POLITICAL VIEWS TO YOU?
Fairly important

25. MOUNTAIN HIDEAWAY OR BEACH HOUSE?
Could go either way, as long as the beach house is not too hot. I love cold winter weather.

26. FAVOURITE SPORTS TO WATCH?
Hockey, cycling

27. HAIR COLOUR?
Light brown

28. EYE COLOUR?
Darn brown

29. DO YOU WEAR CONTACTS?
No

30. FAVOURITE FOOD?
Does water count? Otherwise roasted veggies. Mmmmmm.

31. SCARY MOVIES OR HAPPY ENDINGS?
Scary is good, as long as there isn't a ton of gore. And I love comedies. One can never have enough laughter in their life.

32. LAST MOVIE YOU WATCHED?
The Looper. Not one I'd recommend.

33. WHAT COLOUR SHIRT ARE YOU WEARING?
Camouflage hoodie.

34. SUMMER OR WINTER?
Winter, winter, winter!!

35. FAVOURITE DESSERT?
I don't really eat dessert. But chocolate mousse is an all-time fave.

36. STRENGTH TRAINING OR CARDIO?
Cardio. I love long distance running and cycling.

37. COMPUTER OR TELEVISION?
iPhone.

38. WHAT BOOK ARE YOU READING NOW?
Bread Alone by Ryan Hendricks.

39. WHAT IS ON YOUR MOUSE PAD?
I don't have a mouse pad.

40. FAVOURITE SOUND?
Rain, laughter

41. FAVOURITE GENRE OF MUSIC?
Depends on my mood. Anything from pop, to classical, to jazz, to nature.

42. WHAT IS THE FARTHEST YOU HAVE BEEN FROM HOME?
New York City, Miami, Hawaii - all about the same distance from Vancouver.

43. DO YOU HAVE A SPECIAL TALENT?
Teaching. And I'm a d-mom - I think that's the awesomest talent EVER! Us d-moms are pretty amazing.

44. WHERE WERE YOU BORN?
Vancouver, BC, Canada

45. WHERE ARE YOU LIVING NOW?
Vancouver, BC, Canada

46. WHAT COLOUR IS YOUR HOUSE?
White and brick.

47. WHAT COLOUR IS YOUR CAR?
I don't have a car right now, but the last one was black.

48. DO YOU LIKE ANSWERING 48 QUESTIONS?
It was fun!

Who's next??

No comments:

Post a Comment