Saturday 31 December 2011

2011 ~ Goodbye and Good Riddance


I have to say I am NOT sad to see 2011 come to an end. In fact, I am ecstatic, eager, and excited to usher in 2012. Why? Quite frankly, 2011 sucked, and while the number on the calendar cannot be held responsible for one's personal level of happiness or satisfaction with life, there is something therapeutic about moving forward into a new year. New beginnings, new starts, new opportunities; a chance to put the past in its place and live in the present.

And no, 2011 wasn't all bad. It certainly had its share of memorable moments. But too much of it was overshadowed by the black cloud that seemed to park itself over my household, particularly for the latter half of the year. Too much stress, custody battles, career changes, a rebellious teen, a strained marriage, and day to day life with diabetes, has left me feeling exhausted in every possible sense of the word.

So I say goodbye 2011, you will not be missed. You may have pushed me down, but you did not beat me. I am still here, stronger than ever, and ready to make 2012 the best year yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment