Wednesday 25 July 2012

Taking Responsibility

July is almost at a close already...where did the month go?

I feel completely out of touch with the blogging world lately, and with my DOC family. I have been so absent this month; I've barely posted at all, I've missed every DSMA this month (though I will be participating tonight!), and haven't even been keeping up with reading my fave blogs.

Why? I'm not totally sure why. I've actually been far less busy than usual. There has been a colossal amount of stress in our household over the past 2 months and it's affecting my ability to manage my time wisely. Everything seems to take longer than it should and require more effort than it should. I guess I've been depressed. Regardless, it hasn't been good and I've had enough.

Thankfully, this is something that is within my power to change. So here it is: my public declaration to get my life back on track; to pick myself up, dust myself off, and become present in my own life again. Starting today I will:
  • blog regularly again (at least 5 days a week)
  • participate in DSMA every week
  • stay up-to-date with my blog reading 
  • continue to build meaningful connections with my DOC family
  • keep track of how I am managing my time, by recording the activities I'm doing and for how long
  • get back into a regular exercise routine
  • limit what I put into my body (no alcohol, no grains, no processed foods, no sugar except that in fruit)
I'm excited to see the changes take effect!!

2 comments:

  1. Welcome back, we've missed you. I don't know about Canadians :), but Alaskan's play hard in the summer to make up for our cold, harsh, lack of light winters.

    ReplyDelete