Tuesday 18 October 2011

Cold & Flu Season, Round 1

Wow, what a whirlwind the last 12 days have been! I can't believe it's been 12 whole days since my last post. So why the hiatus? Our first round of illnesses for this season.

Beginning Thanksgiving weekend, Dylan got sick with a cold. It was slow coming on, starting with a sore throat for a couple of days, then a stuffy nose, then body aches, then a cough, and finally a very persistent headache. His blood sugar certainly went on a bit of a wild ride, up and down repeatedly, but tough-guy as he is, he didn't miss any school!

Just as he was finally starting to feel better, my 15 year old started the same process, except that his body stuffed the whole illness into 2 very sick days, before making a quick recovery.

Caring for 2 sick kids back to back, plus the lack of sleep from all of the extra nighttime blood sugar checks left me in a bit of weakened state too, I guess, because just as my eldest returned to school, I got hit full on with the cold. Like a freight train from out of nowhere I went from feeling great, to feeling absolutely terrible in a matter of hours. That was last Thursday and I have been basically unchanged since. Today is the first day that I can see the proverbial light at the end of the tunnel. I can't wait to feel like myself again. Ugh...

No comments:

Post a Comment