Thursday 22 September 2011

Dan-D-est Oatmeal Ever!


Earlier this week I visited a new specialty grocery store that recently opened in my neighborhood and, while wandering the aisles, passed a display featuring Dan-D-Pak's new Goji Omega Boost Oatmeal. Sold in a 1 kilogram bag, it features quick oats, plus dried goji berries, dried blueberries, and ground and whole flax seeds. It was on sale, and looked delicious, so I grabbed a bag. The next morning my daughter and I tested it out for breakfast and it was absolutely delicious! My daughter needed to add a bit of honey to hers, as she found it a bit bland, but I thought the dried berries added just the right amount of sweetness for my taste.

Dan-D Foods is a local company that started here in Vancouver in 1989, and has grown dramatically and expanded to 5 countries worldwide, including the USA. Their foods consist of healthy, mostly, natural items and they actively support local community organizations, including our JDRF Walk to Cure Diabetes here in Vancouver. Great company, great products.

With only 26 grams of carbohydrates, 5 grams of fiber, 4 grams of fat, and 6 grams of protein per serving, it is low on the glycemic index, and a very healthy breakfast alternative. Full nutritional information for the Goji Omega Boost Oatmeal can be found on the Dan-D Foods website.

*Review of this product is strictly voluntary and has nothing to do with Dan-D Foods Ltd.

No comments:

Post a Comment