Monday 5 March 2012

JDRF Family Appreciation Day

Yesterday we had the pleasure of attending JDRF's annual Family Appreciation event for Vancouver (and surrounding area) families. With over 300 people in attendance on behalf on JDRF, it was a fun filled afternoon.

We were treated to an AHL hockey game between the Abbotsford Heat and Texas Stars (sadly we lost, but it was still fun to watch), followed by a presentation by Heat President and former NHL player Ryan Walters. We checked out the sponsor tables, got autographs from the team captain and assistant, and had our picture taken with "Hockee," the team mascot. Finally we watched a few lucky winners receive cool raffle prizes courtesy of JDRF. And the best part? All of the costs for this event were generously covered by sponsors!

I love attending these JDRF events. They are always extremely well organized and everything always seems to go flawlessly. The kids had a blast watching the game and were excited about the "goodie bags" they received from the Heat. Personally, I love visiting the sponsor tables, especially the big "diabetes" companies (this event had LifeScan Canada reps present, from both OneTouch and Animas), to check out the latest blood glucose meters and insulin pumps. Running into familiar faces is always terrific too, and while I didn't know many people at this particular event, I did get a chance to catch up with a few families, and chatted with my Medtronic sales rep.

I wish I had taken more pictures. As usual, I totally forgot, though I did get a couple of shots early in the hockey game.



A big thank you to JDRF, its sponsors, and the Abbotsford Heat for putting together a great event!

No comments:

Post a Comment