Day 3's topic for Diabetes Blog Week, is to describe any funny situations that have happened as a result of diabetes. Here are my top 10.
Top 10 Dia-Bloopers
10 Forgetting tester at....(fill in the blanks, this has happened WAY too many times)
9. Going out for dinner only to discover when we arrive that the tester is out of strips, or has a dead battery
8. Removing pump for hockey then forgetting to put it back on, for most of the day
7. While camping, we put the tester and extra insulin in the cooler to stay cool. Woke up in the morning to find tester floating in pool of water at bottom of cooler. Dried it out and it still worked!
6. Licking the powder at the bottom of the bottle of dex because tabs are all gone and Dyl is still low
5. Cat eating through pump tubing while Dylan was in the bath
4. Dyl wrestling with friends and ripping off infusion set
3. While jumping on the trampoline, pump came out of case. Dylan went down, pump went up, infusion set ripped off
2. Me, in a robotic state, doing a site change for Dyl and then trying to put the new site on my 7-year-old daughter, who does not have D (this has happened more than once too...lol)
1. Dylan pretending he is Tarzan, beating his chest and screaming, then getting his hand caught in pump tubing, ripping off infusion set