Friday 13 April 2012

10 Things I Couldn't Live Without ~ HAWMC, Day 13


10 Things I Need (or Love) Most:

There are very few things I actually couldn't live without. In fact, numbers 1 and 2 on my list are the only ones. Numbers 3 through 10 bring joy to my life, but I could do without if I had to.

1. My family - My unbelievably awesome kids and hubby are my favorite things in the entire world. I have a pretty amazing extended family too - I am VERY lucky to have them all.

2. Diabetes supplies - I could easily live without D supplies, but Dylan couldn't, so they have to be high up on the list. 

3. Exercise - My release, my joy, my favorite past time. Exercise clears my head, reduces my stress, and keeps my body functioning at its best. 

4. Cooking - The one area of creativity in my life. The act of cooking itself brings me pleasure. Creating something from beginning to end and watching as it brings happiness to those I love is a magical feeling.

5. Teaching - I love my job and am blessed to be able to do it. 

6. Writing - This blog has changed my life and the way I perceive and accept diabetes. I look forward to writing every day. 

7. Reading - Books are a source of great pleasure in my life. I am a sucker for constant new information and find myself craving it. I try to read daily and am currently going through a historical fiction phase. Love it. 

8. Laughter - A good tear-jerking, belly shaking, uncontrollable laugh does wonders for the head, the heart, and the soul. 

9. Nature - The outdoors are my haven. I would rather be outside than inside any day, no matter the season. It reminds me that I am alive and that we are all connected. 

10. It's a tie between coffee and my iPhone - I had to throw a couple of material things on my list. My morning coffee is one of my favorite parts of the day, and my iPhone...well...I could live without it, but I wouldn't want to :)

No comments:

Post a Comment