Saturday 14 April 2012

My Dream Day ~ HAWMC, Day 14


Describe your ideal day. How would you spend your time? Who would you spend it with? Have you had this day? If not, how could you make it happen?

I was going to use today as one of my 2 "Get Out of Post Free" days, but I changed my mind. What intimidated me about writing this post, was narrowing down ideas to one single day. There are so many things I would love to do, and plan to do in the future, deciding on just one is a challenge. In fact, I have two very different "ideal" days.

The first would entail a day with the family: me, my hubby, and the kids. We would wake up to warm, sunny weather, followed by a lovely breakfast which I'd cook. We'd then head outside for a long relaxing ride around the Stanley Park seawall, through English Bay and Yaletown, and over to Kitsilano for a picnic and some tennis. On the way back we'd ride back along an alternate route - via downtown Vancouver, through Coal Harbour and back to the Stanley Park seawall for the east half. Once back home, we'd enjoy a barbeque, eat dinner on the deck, and watch a nice family movie together. Great food, exercise, sunshine, and quality family time together - I can't think of any way I'd rather spend a summer day. Oh, and Dylan would have perfect blood sugar numbers all day :)

The second would a day with just me and my hubby. We rarely get any time alone together, and when we do there are always so many other things to do - errands, cleaning, work, etc - that the time is never really ours. An ideal day would have to involve time some serious time alone, in the form of a tropical vacation. I get up very early on vacation (never want to waste a single minute) and run every morning, on the beach if possible. So after a long run, we would enjoy a luxurious breakfast together and a quiet morning at the beach reading, swimming, and soaking up some sun. The afternoon would take us on an excursion, perhaps a nice hike, and we would end the day with a romantic dinner on the beach, followed by a moonlight beach walk.

My first "ideal day" above, I have actually never had, even though it is all within a close radius of our home, and straightforward to arrange. We simply need to make it happen! This summer for sure! The second day we have done (with a few minor changes) on a few occasions, just not for a while. Life seems to keep getting in the way. I am determined to change that and have this day soon too.

1 comment:

  1. You just named most of my favourite places in Vancouver. Maybe if you could add in Granville Island for me with a stop at the market, it would be perfect!

    ReplyDelete