Wednesday 10 August 2011

Along Came A Spider


OK, so I've decided to read Patterson's Alex Cross series from beginning to end. There are currently 16 books in the series, with a 17th to be published this fall.

The first installment, entitled Along Came A Spider, introduces us to the character of Alex Cross, the tough detective/psychologist from Washington DC, as he sets out to catch a sociopathic serial killer with a possible split personality, Gary Soneji, who has kidnapped 2 young children. After one of the children is found dead, Cross partners up with a female secret service agent to find the surviving child before it's too late. His search leads him along a journey through the darkest alcoves of the human psyche before emerging into the light. A page-turner from beginning to end, the novel captures the reader's attention and doesn't let go until the killer is caught.

This was my first EVER eBook, and while the screen on my iPhone is a bit small, I quickly got used to it, and read the novel in a couple of days. I love the convenience of having the book wherever I go too!

No comments:

Post a Comment