Wednesday 2 November 2011

My Life in Books


Titles of my future book. Say you’re writing a book about your life, community, condition, or Health Activism. Come up with 5 working titles and a quick book jacket synopsis.

My life in a book...hmmm. It's difficult for me to pinpoint one area of my life that I would want to write about (hence the 3 part focus on my blog), but here a few ideas.

Blood, Sweat & Carbs 
(Yes, that's the name of my blog, but I like it and it's describes my life pretty accurately!)
A mother of three reflects on her thoughts about diabetes, exercise, and food, and their impact on health, family, and life in general.

Reflections on Chaos
Ever feel like you are standing in a revolving door during a hurricane? How do you cope with life's chaos and keep a smile on your face? A mother's account of life's ups and downs, including marriage, children, divorce, career change, chronic disease, family, love, and loss, and how she has found balance in a topsy-turvy world.

Cooking for 1
A collection of child-friendly recipes designed to maximize blood glucose control and reduce post meal highs and lows. Each recipe includes full nutritional information, serving size, and substitution ideas.

Exercising Advocacy
Health advocacy can take many forms, including exercise. A type 1 parent describes her advocacy journey and how it taken her walking, running, and cycling, for her cause. Includes tips for training, fundraising, and public awareness.

Finding Meaning, Connection, and Support in the Diabetes Community
This is not your typical type 1 diabetes survival guide, but rather a look at the role of community and how it brings people together. Topics include face to face support on both a local and national level, the power of social media, and the importance of connection in dealing with a chronic health condition.


No comments:

Post a Comment