Friday 4 November 2011

Publish... and then...?


Do a quick blog meditation on, well, blogging itself. Once you write it out, put it into your blog admin, and click the “publish” button – what happens? Do you go check out what it looks like live? Re-read it? Start the sharing process? Do you immediately tweet a link? Email it to everyone? Check for spelling errors?

My post publish routine is pretty standard I think.

I try to make as few changes as possible to a post after it's published. I check, double-check, and even triple-check for grammatical errors, punctuation mistakes, sentence fragments, and other boo boos before I publish, though quite often, even after all my checking, I find additional mistakes after the post has gone live. If that's the case, I quickly fix it up and republish.

Twitter is next; I tweet a link to the new post, followed by Facebook, where I share a link (and a photo if the post has one) on my wall. After that, I'm done! Quick, simple, easy.

Now I get to peruse all of the other blogs that I read regularly!!


No comments:

Post a Comment