Wednesday 30 November 2011

Play That Horn


Want to hear a secret? You're awesome. (It's actually not even really a secret.) This is going to be hard for you, O Modest One, but you gotta give yourself props today. Write three things you love about yourself - things you're great at - or just want to share. Don't you dare signpost or undercut those self-compliments!

I can't believe we are at the end of National Health Blog Post Month already. And not only have I survived, and posted every day (aside from the two freebie days), I have looked forward to writing my daily posts; I wake up excited to write every morning.

Normally I am definitely not someone who toots their own horn, but today I am pretty darn proud of my accomplishment. Still new to blogging (I started this blog in March of this year), I've averaged about a dozen posts per month up to November, so writing every day for #NHBPM has certainly been a challenge. But it has also been a tremendous learning opportunity.

So here it is -  3 things I love about myself...

Dedication - Whether it's parenting, my job, athletic pursuits, or any new challenge, I don't give up. To me, there is no point in starting something unless am going to do my absolute best to finish it. And if I don't have the skills or knowledge to finish what I started, I learn them, which leads to number 2...

Lifelong learning - I am a sponge when it comes to learning; I can never get enough. University degrees in two completely unrelated areas and ongoing professional development is only the beginning. I read a lot and constantly challenge myself with new opportunities and puzzles.

Passion - I don't do anything lightly. Those who know me well, can attest that when I take on a new challenge I don't just dip my big toe in the water, I cannonball in with full force. And my excitement about new projects is contagious (or annoying, depending how you look at it...lol).

I am going to miss #NHBPM, not only the writing, but reading all of the great posts by others too!


No comments:

Post a Comment