Monday 5 November 2012

Gratitude


Today's prompt asks bloggers to write a #ListOf3 things that they are thankful for / excited about / or inspired by. Personally, the most challenging aspect of this prompt is narrowing the choices to only 3. So here are mine:

1. My children - a no brainer. My kids are the most incredible and inspiring part of my life. They fill my days  with joy, laughter, and love, and I am eternally grateful to be a part of each of their lives.

2. My health - I spend a lot of my time taking care of myself, so that I can better take care of others and ensure that I'm here as long as possible. I don't want to simply cruise through life, I want to live every day to its fullest and experience everything this amazing world has to offer. Without health, nothing else matters.

3. Diabetes treatments/technologies/medications - this is health activist blog carnival after all, and while I will tirelessly advocate for a cure for type 1 diabetes, until its found, I am thankful for what we do have thus far. The constant improvement and evolution of technology and medicine enable those with type 1 diabetes to live longer and with fewer side effects than ever before. 

There is still lots of time to participate in WEGO Health's November Blog Carnival. Simply click here to find out more info and to sign up for the daily prompts!

No comments:

Post a Comment