Saturday 10 November 2012

LOL Post


Day 10's prompt asks bloggers to write something funny or share something they found funny.

First of all, I have to say right up front, that I don't find anything "funny" when it comes to type 1 diabetes. Diabetes is a serious, life threatening medical condition and, in our house, we treat it as such. However, in prepping this post I actually searched for "diabetes jokes" and "diabetes humor." Big mistake. What some people might consider funny, I find offensive and ignorant. Enough said.

That being said, funny things DO happen during the day to day care of child with type 1. Examples? Finding used test strips in all sorts of weird places; being overly tired and trying to poke my daughter's finger by mistake because she just happens to be standing closer to me; or overfilling pump a reservoir and spilling insulin down the front of my shirt.

And yes, I think that having somewhat of a sense of humor when it comes to diabetes, IS necessary. Without it, one would go crazy from the stress, lack of sleep, and inane comments made by those whose knowledge of diabetes is zilch. Don't even get me started on some of the ridiculous things I've heard when people find out my son has type 1 diabetes...

No comments:

Post a Comment